Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Progress... Not perfection!

So, when working towards a goal, it's nice to see what sort of progress you're making, right? I have zero patience, I expect immediate results/instant gratification with everything (you name it) so, for me, knowing that I want to be XX big and YY strong, I need to tracks progress as I go, knowing I'm going in the right direction and taking the right steps.

So I have been weight lifting on the regular (six days a week) since the first week of July. Before that, after the marathon, I total break from running, in order to heal, and set my sights on getting strong. A friend connected with me on Facebook and we became workout buddies and this has been awesome!

Note that I didn't get "serious" with this until July. I was waiting for my leg to heal and I had a lot of other things happening, most importantly, preparing for Lizzie's departuretk Germany (she has been there for 4 months, only 10 months to go!) and figuring out my schedule/priorities.

Today I am very happy to lift six days a week, one body part a day, and watching what unfolds. Each workout with L is around 45 minutes. There's some HIIT in the form of complexes/bike sprints but basically zero cardio. And, hello, I am coming from months of running, on average, 25 miles a week!

Today, as they say in the Planet Fitness world, "I lift things up, I put them down." And I love it.

So! Back to progress. It's there. I have photos to prove it.

Lets just say that I am SUPER excited about this and can't wait to see what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment