Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm back!

Oh hello, buckets!

Buckets? Why buckets? When I was little, I used to wear buckets on my head. It could have been a fashion statement but I prefer to think of it as some sort of comfort thing so now I don't wear buckets on my head but I have buckets of comfort in my life. So yeah, buckets!

Anyway, I'm back and on the roads! I went to the doctor yesterday who gave me the go-ahead to run again, as long as I'm feeling ok. I'm still on my antibiotic pill and I've got this antibiotic cream to add to that and I am all set. I just had a glimpse at this week's training schedule and, couple that with the tail-end of last week's, and I have my work cut out for me!

Last week's runs that I missed were: 3 and 8 milers. This week I have 3, 5, 3 and 10. So... eek! And the 10 is on Christmas Day. I think going for a 10 miler on Christmas morning before everyone wakes up sounds awesome. That'll take me around 2 hours (hopefully under!) and then I'll be all hellooooooooooo presents.

This year I didn't make a Xmas list at all. So Christmas will be all surprise-a-palooza. Very nice!
Will keep you posted on next week's training schedule... the long runs are about to get REAL!

Oh but p.s. Why did it take my therapist telling me that it's not the end of the world and I will run again to make me see the other side of my gloom and doom state of mind about not running? Just goes to show that I love me some Tuesday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment